Close Menu
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
What's Hot
Op-Ed | M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

Op-Ed | $60M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
NewYork News
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
Trending Topics:
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
NewYork News
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
New York News

Ex-North Bergen official allegedly stole hundreds in public cash to pay for work from home

newyork-newsBy newyork-newsAugust 12, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Ex-North Bergen official allegedly stole hundreds in public cash to pay for work from home
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The previous director of the North Bergen Housing Authority was arrested Tuesday for allegedly stealing tens of hundreds in public cash to pay for work on his non-public house. 

Gerald Sanzari, 63, of River Edge, is charged with stealing funds from 2022-2024, in response to prosecutors who stated he paid North Bergen distributors to do enchancment work at his residence. The $20,000 in work was supposed for use to assist present housing for seniors and low-income residents, in response to the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Workplace.

Sanzari, who can be former police official, and his legal professional Louis DeAngelis didn’t instantly return requests for remark. 

For years, questions of corruption have swirled round North Bergen city corridor and the housing authority.   Allegations on the NBHA included a “no-show” job for a previous safety director and claims that public housing items had been being given to some political supporters of Mayor Nicholas Sacco as an alternative of needy households on the ready checklist.

“The politics of moving people in and skipping people on the list, it was just getting out of control,” stated former NBHA Assistant Government Director Carleen Earl who informed NBC New York in 2018 she had gone to the FBI, the State Legal professional Basic, and HUD Inspector Basic to complain about alleged corruption. 

No fees regarding Earl’s complaints had been ever filed. She was fired from the NBHA “for cause,” a North Bergen spokesman across the time she raised the allegations.

Mayor Sacco, a Democrat, and Sanzari on the time denied any wrongdoing, including by way of a spokesman that “there has never been any indication of any political favoritism whatsoever” on the NBHA.

Sanzari resigned from the housing authority in 2024 attributable to “health reasons.” Present NBHA Government Director Julio Marenco stated in a press release Tuesday that Sanzari had dedicated “a betrayal of belief.

“As the extent of Mr. Sanzari’s misconduct has come to light, we have worked closely with law enforcement and the appropriate state agencies to ensure a full and thorough investigation,” Marenco stated, noting that reforms had been now in place to “strengthen internal controls.”

Sacco identified in a press release that it was the Township that alerted authorities to Sanzari’s alleged misconduct.

“At the time, we had no idea of the scope or scale of what had occurred, but we trusted the investigative process to uncover the full truth,” stated Sacco. “While we are outraged by the criminal behavior that has now come to light, we remain committed to ensuring this never happens again.”

A spokeswoman for the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Workplace stated Sanzari is schedule to seem in court docket on Aug 26.  A conviction on the theft-related counts may carry a most of 3-5 years in jail.

allegedly Bergen ExNorth home money official pay Public stole thousands Work
Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link
Previous ArticleNYC Mayor’s Race: Mamdani says Cuomo sees rent-stabilized tenants as ‘political pawns’ with means-testing proposal | New York News
Next Article Storms threaten to carry heavy downpours, however not sufficient to erase rain deficit
newyork-news
  • Website

Related Posts

75 NYC Public Colleges Get New After-Faculty Applications Subsequent Fall, See Full Listing! – New York Household

75 NYC Public Colleges Get New After-Faculty Applications Subsequent Fall, See Full Listing! – New York Household

November 20, 2025
Mamdani transition: Mayor-elect noncommittal on protecting public security deputy mayor function in his administration | New York News

Mamdani transition: Mayor-elect noncommittal on protecting public security deputy mayor function in his administration | New York News

November 11, 2025
SF Supervisor Wants Local Robotaxi Control

SF Supervisor Wants Local Robotaxi Control

November 7, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply


- Advertisement -
Latest
Op-Ed | M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News
Opinion

Op-Ed | $60M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 27, 2025
Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News
Politics

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper
Education

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News
Opinion

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News
Politics

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Girl abused by Jeffrey Epstein as little one prepares lawsuit after NYC Council votes to reopen civil claims window | New York News
Politics

Girl abused by Jeffrey Epstein as little one prepares lawsuit after NYC Council votes to reopen civil claims window | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Categories
Archives
November 2025
MTWTFSS
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
« Oct    

Your source for the serious news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a news site. Visit our main page for more demos.

We're social. Connect with us:

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Quick Links
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Main Menu
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
© 2025 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.