Close Menu
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
What's Hot
Op-Ed | M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

Op-Ed | $60M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
NewYork News
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
Trending Topics:
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
NewYork News
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Politics

Brooklyn residents step up warfare in opposition to homeless shelter plans with newest protest | New York News

newyork-newsBy newyork-newsMay 5, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Brooklyn residents step up warfare in opposition to homeless shelter plans with newest protest | New York News
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Brooklyn residents are saying no to a proposed homeless shelter at 2134 Coyle St. in Sheepshead Bay, with the newest protest on Might 4, 2025.

Photograph by Lloyd Mitchell

Brooklyn residents took to the streets on a wet Sunday afternoon to protest the town’s plans to open a homeless shelter in a single neighborhood. 

Greater than 300 individuals marched alongside Coney Island Avenue and different native streets in opposition to the proposal for a shelter at 2134 Coyle St. in Sheepshead Bay. The location was beforehand authorised for inexpensive housing, however native residents say the town’s plan now to open a homeless shelter for 169 households quantities to a “bait-and-switch.” 

Opponents of the shelter have been trying to get the location shut down for almost two months via lively protests and demonstrations on the location. Final week, at the very least two protesters had been arrested on the location for disorderly conduct. 

Brooklyn residents are saying no to a proposed homeless shelter at 2134 Coyle St. in Sheepshead Bay, with the latest protest on May 4, 2025.Brooklyn residents are saying no to a proposed homeless shelter at 2134 Coyle St. in Sheepshead Bay, with the newest protest on Might 4, 2025.Photograph by Lloyd Mitchell

Main the Might 4 march had been Republican state Sen. Steven Chen and mayoral candidate and Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa. Each took goal at Mayor Eric Adams for shifting ahead with the homeless shelter plan, and vowed to do all the pieces of their energy to cease it.

“Understand the Adams administration, the other people running for mayor, they are trying to put shelters all over the city, in the Bronx, in Queens, in Brooklyn, in Staten Island, but now Manhattan, those are your brothers and sisters,” Sliwa mentioned. “If we have to, we will bring everybody together. We will confront Eric Adams, the mayor, because he won’t come here. We’ll go to Gracie Mansion on a Sunday and say, ‘Come on out. Eric Adams, talk to the people. Don’t be afraid of the people.’”

DSC5239Republican Candiate for Mayor Curtis Silwa spoke on the Might 4, 2025 protest in opposition to a homeless shelter in Brooklyn.Photograph by Lloyd Mitchell DSC5341Brooklyn state Sen. Steven Chen speaks out in opposition to the shelter.Photograph by Lloyd Mitchell

Chen charged that Mayor Adams was “hell bent on wanting to destroy the last of our good neighborhoods” and urged residents to make their voices heard on the poll packing containers this yr.

“You have a superpower. Each person here has a superpower, and that superpower is to use it wisely next month, for our primary election and for our November election, that’s your superpower,” Chen mentioned. 

Protest organizers say they plan to take their case on to Metropolis Corridor in Manhattan this Wednesday for one more protest.

amNewYork Brooklyn homeless latest plans protest residents shelter step War
Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link
Previous ArticleWhat’s dandyism? A have a look at the Black trend fashion powering this 12 months’s Met Gala
Next Article This is why rail passengers are going through delays into NYC Monday morning
newyork-news
  • Website

Related Posts

Op-Ed | M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

Op-Ed | $60M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

November 27, 2025
Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

November 26, 2025
Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

November 26, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply


- Advertisement -
Latest
Op-Ed | M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News
Opinion

Op-Ed | $60M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 27, 2025
Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News
Politics

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper
Education

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News
Opinion

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News
Politics

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Girl abused by Jeffrey Epstein as little one prepares lawsuit after NYC Council votes to reopen civil claims window | New York News
Politics

Girl abused by Jeffrey Epstein as little one prepares lawsuit after NYC Council votes to reopen civil claims window | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Categories
Archives
November 2025
MTWTFSS
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
« Oct    

Your source for the serious news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a news site. Visit our main page for more demos.

We're social. Connect with us:

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Quick Links
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Main Menu
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
© 2025 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.