Close Menu
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
What's Hot
Op-Ed | M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

Op-Ed | $60M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
NewYork News
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
Trending Topics:
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
NewYork News
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Politics

Broadway Levels homeowners allegedly bribed metropolis official to scuttle McGuinness Boulevard redesign • Brooklyn Paper

newyork-newsBy newyork-newsAugust 21, 2025No Comments5 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Broadway Levels homeowners allegedly bribed metropolis official to scuttle McGuinness Boulevard redesign • Brooklyn Paper
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Gina Argento, who together with brother Anthony Argento allegedly bribed a metropolis official, turned herself in on Thursday.

Picture by Dean Moses

Tony and Gina Argento, the sibling duo who personal Greenpoint manufacturing firm Broadway Levels, allegedly bribed one in every of Mayor Eric Adams’ prime aides in an effort to scuttle the McGuinness Boulevard redesign. 

Manhattan District Lawyer Alvin Bragg charged the pair with bribery and conspiracy on Thursday as a part of a wide-ranging indictment towards Ingrid Lewis-Martin, who was on the time Adams’ chief advisor.

Lewis-Martin “conspired with Gina Argento, Tony Argento and Broadway Stages to push changes to DOT’s approved bike lane redesign of McGuinness Boulevard,” courtroom paperwork state, in trade for money and different advantages — like an look on a TV present filmed at Broadway Levels.

The siblings turned themselves in on the Manhattan DA’s workplace on Thursday morning, together with Lewis-Martin and several other different defendants of different bribery schemes.

ingrid lewis martin mcguinness boulevardThe pair allegedly labored with Ingrid Lewis-Martin, (middle) to scuttle the McGuinness Boulevard redesign. Picture by Dean Moses

Beginning in 2022, a 12 months after the town started its efforts to revamp McGuinness Boulevard in response to the hit-and-run dying of public faculty trainer Matt Jensen, Lewis-Martin was in common contact with the Argentos, courtroom paperwork present. 

The siblings had been against the Division of Transportation’s plan to take away automobile site visitors lanes alongside McGuinness Boulevard, which runs previous Broadway Levels.

Working with an unnamed Metropolis Corridor worker, Lewis-Martin allegedly insisted she be a part of any DOT conferences relating to the McGuinness challenge, and had the Metropolis Corridor worker share particulars of the DOT’s plan with the Argentos — and convey their issues with DOT. 

Lewis-Martin additionally urged an unnamed individual concerned with native Neighborhood Board 1 to “get the [Community Board] [to] work in the Argento’s best interest,” textual content messages present. Gina additionally sits on CB1. 

mcguinness redesignThe initially-proposed redesign of McGuinness Boulevard eliminated one lane of auto site visitors in every course.Picture courtesy of NYC DOT

That fall, Lewis-Martin was given a talking position in an episode of “Godfather of Harlem.” In a textual content to Gina and Anthony, she stated the expertise was “everything,” and that she deliberate to get her Display screen Actors Guild card. She was later paid $800 for the looks. 

In June 2023, as DOT grew nearer to approving its design for McGuinness Boulevard, Martin met with Mayor Eric Adams to speak concerning the plan and encourage him to undertake an alternate design that had been mentioned with and authorized by the Argentos. Across the identical time, Broadway Levels was main a neighborhood group referred to as “Keep McGuinness Moving,” which opposed the challenge. 

On July 8, courtroom paperwork present, Gina texted Lewis-Martin a photograph of a flyer from “Make McGuinness Safe,” a neighborhood marketing campaign in favor of the redesign. Lewis-Martin responded “…We do not care what they say. We are ignoring them and continuing with our plan. They can kiss my ass.” 

Days later, Gina despatched Lewis-Martin $2,500 by way of Zelle. On July 12, Adams ordered DOT to rethink the redesign, which had already been authorized. Within the months that adopted, the town flip-flopped on its plans for McGuinness as native advocates and elected officers slammed the administration’s sudden change of coronary heart. 

mcguinness boulevard rallyGreenpointers rallied in help of the redesign in June 2023. File photograph by Gabriele Holtermann

In the meantime, in spring 2024, Gina despatched Lewis-Martin a bundle of garments from Bloomingdale’s, and Tony stated he was “negotiating” to get the official one other performing job. Lewis-Martin wished to look on “Blue Bloods,” she informed Tony. 

That summer time, Gina ponied up $10,000 to pay for catering at an occasion Lewis-Martin hosted at Gracie Mansion. Not lengthy after, investigators seized Lewis-Martin and Gina’s telephones. 

Finally, DOT put in a stripped-back model of the redesign — preserving each automobile journey lanes — on the northern a part of McGuinness Boulevard, together with the part close to Broadway Levels. It moved ahead with the complete redesign, eradicating one automobile lane, on the southern half. 

“As alleged, Lewis-Martin consistently overrode the expertise of public servants so she could line her own pockets,” Bragg stated in a press release. “While she allegedly received more than $75,000 in bribes and an appearance on a TV show, every other New Yorker lost out.”

mcguinness bike lane completedThe town preserved each lanes of auto site visitors on the northern half of McGuinness Boulevard, however added protected bike lanes. File photograph by Kirstyn Brendlen

Martin-Lewis’ lawyer, Arthur Aidala, stated his shopper was “fulfilling her duty,” and denied that she had not obtained “a single dollar or any personal benefit for her assistance.”

A lawyer for Gina Argento was not instantly accessible for remark. However in an Aug. 20 assertion, legal professionals George Stamboulidis and Artie McConnell, representing Gina, Anthony and Broadway Levels, stated the siblings “have not engaged in any wrongdoing.”

“Broadway Stages has been responsive and cooperated fully with the District Attorney’s investigation since we became aware of it last fall, including providing access to electronic media and thousands of Company documents and financial records,” the legal professionals stated. 

allegedly Boulevard bribed Broadway Brooklyn City McGuinness official owners Paper redesign scuttle Stages
Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link
Previous Article‘Dawson’s Creek’ solid to reunite for 1-night-only occasion: Every part to know
Next Article Man arrested on expenses of hitting 12-year-old lady with intercourse toy at WNBA sport
newyork-news
  • Website

Related Posts

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

November 26, 2025
Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

November 26, 2025
‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

November 26, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply


- Advertisement -
Latest
Op-Ed | M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News
Opinion

Op-Ed | $60M saved for NYC’s small companies, however we want our vacation heroes! | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 27, 2025
Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News
Politics

Julie Menin says she has sufficient votes to develop into the subsequent NYC Council Speaker | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper
Education

Velázquez urges Trump administration to reverse ‘illegal’ magnet faculty funding cuts • Brooklyn Paper

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News
Opinion

Editorial | Combating NYC starvation through the holidays, and past | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News
Politics

‘No more hiding’: NYC Council votes to reopen civil lawsuit ‘lookback’ window for intercourse abuse claims | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Girl abused by Jeffrey Epstein as little one prepares lawsuit after NYC Council votes to reopen civil claims window | New York News
Politics

Girl abused by Jeffrey Epstein as little one prepares lawsuit after NYC Council votes to reopen civil claims window | New York News

newyork-newsNovember 26, 2025
Categories
Archives
November 2025
MTWTFSS
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
« Oct    

Your source for the serious news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a news site. Visit our main page for more demos.

We're social. Connect with us:

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Quick Links
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Main Menu
  • New York News
  • Politics
  • NYC Crime
  • Education
  • Opinion
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
© 2025 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.